I’m not a regular moisturizer, I’m a cool moisturizer. So what exactly makes a moisturizer, a multitasking moisturizer? Let’s discuss some multitasking skincare products and why they are totally worth your coins.
I like to call them super-charged. Quite honestly, I think they call themselves that too. They know. These brands each know there’s far more than meets the eye with this trio.
So why would you want a powerhouse last step in your skincare routine when you can just reach for a serum or three in the middle? Two reasons for me personally.
One – Sometimes I’m lazy, I just want to cleanse my face and finish up with one more step and be done with it. Every day can’t be a luxury spa experience.
Two – When I really want to benefit from these skin-loving formulas alongside my regular retinol/AHA type treatments.
You also might travel regularly and want to save on space.
Allies of Skin Peptides and Antioxidant Daily Treatment* – is just that. A treatment. You quite literally can use this and forgo everything else in your morning routine with this multitasking moisturizer and you’re covered (except SPF of course). I regularly do when I use the Peptides and Antioxidant Daily Treatment. The texture and feel on the skin is neither too light or too heavy. In my opinion this will work on a vast array of skin types from dry to oily. Theres
The contents of the Peptides and Antioxidant Daily Treatment are exceptional. Let’s break it down.
- Antioxidants – a comprehensive array of antioxidants that will help to protect the skin barrier from the elements as well as having repairative qualities.
- Peptides – Can aid in the production of collagen in the skin therefore having an effect in minimising and preventing lines and wrinkles. Better skin quality and texture. Anti-Inflammation benefits.
- Vitamin C – also an antioxidant but its one of the most well known and sought after. The one used in this formula is a derivative (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) and is more gentle than your regular L-Ascorbic Acid. Helps with free radical damage prevention, brightening dark spots and collagen production.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Draws water and moisture to the skin and in turn has a plumping effect as well as helps with dehydration.
- Niacinamide – can be brightening on the complexion as well as reparative to the skin barrier. It’s also hydrating and helpful in an anti-aging scenario.
- Ceramides – Help the skin to retain moisture and keep your skin barrier in check – plumping, smoothing and firming.
- Plus other brightners, probiotics and fatty acids.
Let’s talk about Venn Skincare. Since the first time I tried Venn, I’ve been head over heels. Their formulas (with exception of the oil) are all fragrance free and let me tell you – my skin loooves them. I use the Vitamin B Activated All in One Concentrate similarly to the Allies of Skin above – except in this case it would be my night time version of a multitasking moisturizer. I can literally ditch everything else in my night routine and be happy using just the Vitamin B Activated All in One Concentrate after doubling cleansing in the evening. Venn Vitamin B has more of a focus on B3 (niacinamide) and B5 (panthenol) so it’s ultra soothing and redness reducing on my complexion while giving me the skin firming and smoothing I want without the fear of irritating my skin like perhaps a retinol or AHA can at times.
You can find my complete Venn Skincare Review HERE. But while you’re here lets take a quick peep at what’s inside.
- Niacinamide and Panthenol are the real stars here. So you’ve got anti-aging, skin brightening, increased hydration, increased skin barrier function, soothing and anti-flammation properties and moisturization.
- Antioxidants – free radical skin protection as well as skin repairing
- Amino Acids – moisturizing and hydrating, can stimulate the skin to produce its own antioxidants, amino acids are also like the babies of peptides so they help to repair damage and soften, smooth and firm skin
And lastly, NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Lipid 1%. This is one I’ll pull out when my skins feeling a little more irritated- CAIL most definitely fits into the reparative multitasking skincare category. When my skin is feeling super irritated or inflamed this blue oil/balm textured soother is what I reach for. While it soothes and brings any inflammation down there’s also some brilliant anti-aging and skin health stuff going on.
If I am totally honest, NIOD as a brand is quite confusing to the regular person – I am often confused when I read their descriptions and while I am not a professional skincare formulator or scientist – I am reasonably knowledgeable in the area. I can only imagine what it looks like to someone not as obsessed as myself.
I’ll break this one down as best I can.
- Copper Tripeptide-1 – anti-inflammatory and wound healing as well as stimulating collagen. Has an antioxidant effect on the skin and will help with skin firmness, clarity and overall texture
- Zizanoic Vetiver – which can help with facial volume loss – think skin plumping
- Patented Dihydrodiisoeugenol Complex – as we age, fat loss in the face can become apparent. Said to help counteract this loss especially in the area of the cheek and jaw.
- Blue/Green Algae – rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids to help with skin barrier function, moisturising and skin elasticity
- Squalane – a fairly well-know ingredient these days. It’s an oil texture but its quite light and fluid and has great hydration properties.
Have you tried any of these? Got any multitasking moisturizers that you want to share?